CBSS Summer University 2020 call now open
Over the past years, the Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) has implemented a number of summer universities in cooperation with partner of Universities in the Region. The CBSS Secretariat is ready for another round of being a project partner for the Summer University concept, and in this capacity, provide its logo and network support (e.g connection to relevant Baltic Sea Region stakeholders, such as European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region Policy Area Education) to academic project partners, interested in undertaking a Summer University. The relevant information on Summer University will be published through the CBSS channels (such as the CBSS website & social media, other academic partners etc.). The CBSS Secretariat is also ready to offer materials, such as publications & papers, and its various Member State networks. To initiate this collaboration, the potential Lead Partner of a Summer University 2020, is invited to contact the CBSS Secretariat before 28 February 2020.
The CBSS Secretariat is ready to be involved in planning of the programme and to give input to the format. The Secretariat is also willing to take an active part in the programme, and to have its role at running certain seminars and workshops. The responsibility for the final programme is placed unambiguously on the Lead University.
To become an Associated Partner, the following criteria would have to be fulfilled:
1. The theme of the Summer University should focus on the Baltic Sea Region and be in line with one or more of the 3 CBSS long-term priorities: Regional Identity, Sustainable & Prosperous Region, Safe & Secure Region. (See www.cbss.org for more details).
2. There should be at least two partner universities or/and lecturers from three CBSS Member States.
3. The Summer University should be open to students from all CBSS Member States.
4. The Summer University should be able to offer European Academic Credits to its students. This would simultaneously be proof that the curriculum of the Summer University fulfils internal quality control processes enabling EACs.
6. The theme/curriculum of the SU should be in line with the CBSS principles of empowering regional cooperation and consensus.
7. A budget for the Summer University 2020 should be presented to the CBSS Secretariat, outlining any remaining funding gaps, which will need fundraising support from the CBSS Secretariat.It should be stressed, that the CBSS currently has no funds of its own allocated to Summer University financing. It has, however, historically been successful in enabling additional funding through various sources, and the Secretariat would endeavour to enable the necessary funding for any agreed CBSS-branded Summer University.