BSR Cultural Pearls
The BSR Cultural Pearls project aims to enable smaller cities and regions to increase their social resilience and maintain the quality of life with local assets in an innovative way.
The BSR Cultural Pearls project, co-funded by the EU’s Interreg programme, aims to strengthen social resilience in Baltic Sea Region municipalities by harnessing the potential of local assets of culture and creativity. The project contains several key components, including a repository of good practices on increasing social resilience through culture, and inspires municipalities in creating their own social resilience action plans. Additionally, the project offers tools specifically designed to help municipalities develop tailored social resilience plans, a peer-mentoring programme to support municipalities in implementing their social resilience plans, and the BSR Cultural Pearls Award, which recognises outstanding culture-driven social resilience work developed by municipalities.
The BSR Cultural Pearls project’s objective is to enable smaller cities and regions increase their social resilience and maintain the quality of life with local assets in an innovative way.
Municipalities, regional and local public authorities.
- Repository of good practices on social resilience
- Tools for municipalities to develop social resilience plans
- Uptake and peer-mentoring programme to help municipalities implement their social resilience plans
- BSR Cultural Pearls Award, recognising the culture-driven social resilience work of municipalities
- Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) – lead partner;
- Alytus municipality (LV);
- ARS BALTICA (DE);
- Baltic Sea Cultural Centre (PL);
- Danish Cultural Institute (DK);
- Heinrich Böll Foundation Schleswig-Holstein (DE);
- Loov Eesti/Creative Estonia (EE);
- Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture;
- Regional Council of Ostrobothnia (FI);
- Ministry of Justice, European Affairs and Consumer Protection of Land Schleswig-Holstein (DE);
- Varde Municipality (DK);
- Vidzeme Planning Region (LV).
January 2023 – December 2025
The BSR Cultural Pearls project is funded by the Interreg Baltic Sea Region.
Felix Schartner Giertta, Project Coordinator, BSR Cultural Pearls, Phone: +46 73 026 73 12, Email: [email protected]